
Luan and I both knew that moving out, we were going to be living with bare minimums, a nice comfy bed, poker table as our dinette and probably a futon as our couch until christmas where we planned to buy everything. Well Christmas came early thanks to my mother, she gave us the best housewarming gift of furniture. Thank you Mom for being so supporting and generous of our move! So Saturday we half-packed and went shopping for our new home! We had an idea of what we wanted, made a budget and off we went. I want to stay away from the college dorm look that we have had in the past and try to coordinate as possible but not matchy all the way. (let's just say our first apartment we had blow-up furniture, which luan mentioned to do again in the meantime and I chose to ignore) Can I tell you that most places don't have low dining room table sets anymore, everything is counter height or pub tables, which I can appreciate, but with Gio and maybe another one in the future (no I am not pregnant), it just doesn't make sense for us. Any dinette that we did see, seated 8, yea just a little 4 dinette would be great. So after many trials and error we just headed to IKEA, we had just bought our bed on Friday and decided to add to our delivery since it wasn't being delivered till Monday. Friday we had decided on a bedframe and had all intentions of getting it, but Luan last minute changed his mind and chose the one that I really wanted, Yea! Gio was our priority, we chose things with him in mind and thats why we had originally chosen a lower bed frame, but I really like the whimsical look of the frame we chose, IKEA catalog always wins me over with their setup of rooms. Ok so off to dinettes, I wanted something for now, Luan is not about that, which is very true, I had orginally wanted a small table that we had been eyeing for years now, but honestly it is just too small. Lately I have been wanting round tables with 2 cloth chairs and 2 wooden ones. Well cloth is not in our budget for now, so we chose a white round table that comes with an extension and 4 brown-black chairs to accompany it. The chairs are temporary until I can find some good deals on the chairs I want! I was so discouraged I couldn't choose on a dinette and as we were picking out our bedframe, I walked into one of their setup rooms and saw the dinette setup and once again, SOLD! So bedframe (check), dinette (check), small TV stand (check) and last minute little nicknacks (check)! Woohoo!! Now a couch! We got a wonderful couch from gallery furniture, met legendary Mattress Mack and loved their customer service. Luan was won over by the warm fresh cookies, doesn't take much for him. We had gone to other furniture places and settled for something and then were told we couldn't get it for another 2-3 weeks, WHAT?? Gallery furniture delivered it the same day, thank you so much!! Of course nothing without hiccups, on our way to their showroom early Sunday with Gio we got a flat, so we had to head home by then everyone was up so Gio stayed and we tried to go agai and succesfully got our couch, love it!!! So comfortable, my mom wants one...good choice!
Sunday after our chouch purchase, Toan, Yasmin and Carlos arrived to help us load the moving truck, it didn't take much, stuff was not organized but we mananged to get the majority, I still have stuff at my moms, its going to take several small trips to get everything. Luan and I also decided to cleanout our storage and take everything to apartment, big mistake. We don't have much but now our apartment is full of boxes and boxes lots of office supplies, which are about to get dumped. We had orginally said to chunk junk away as we pack, but with last minute trademarks, that did not happen, So as we unpack, we are chunking. If it hasn't been used, trash it goes! Sunday we organized as much as we could but went back to my moms' house since our bed hadn't been delivered, although the couch was very tempting, but Gio was at my moms and back we went. Monday delivery guys called with our available window so Luan and I headed to apartment, we organized until everything arrived, (I was told our stuff hadn't been put together so we not getting everything at once, but we did, thank u Ikea). We tackled the bedframe together, Luan did the dinner table, and I did the chairs and TV stand, it took us 2.5 hours, not bad compared to when luan did the dressers, those took two days. The moms and Gio came over and explored while we continued to unpack and organize. Toan came over as well, thanks for helping everyone. Gio's room is storage for now and holding alot of boxes until further notice, lol! Since my flattire hasn't been fixed we went back to my moms, because I had to borrow her car to go to work at 6am Tuesday, one more nite at my moms, Tuesday no matter what, our apartment here we come. OMG I love our bed, I was hesitant, I did not care for memory foam, but it is awesome!
Will post pictures soon! Planting Roots and can I please sign a 4 year lease because its way too much stuff to move anytime soon! Hopefully I will have stuff unpacked before our lease expires!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment