Friday, September 2, 2011
HOT!
Luan and I decided to bring the baby and Louie over to organize yesterday evening and when we arrive, it is steaming hot in the apartment. On Tuesday when we arrived it was set at 90 and it was so cool in the apt because luckily we are located on a shady side. So when we look at a/c control unit and it was 95 and just hot. The control unit is touch screen, no problem, we press everything and nothing is working, something about the battery, we finally manange to prop it off and change the batteries by taking some out of Gio's toy, thanks little one. So back to playing with the screen, nothing.. Called the landlord tells us how to use it, we figure it out, but still not working, I finally leave bc it is overwhelmingly hot and need to take Gio out. Landlord calls me and lets me know that a technician will call me in an hour to schedule a time to come over...an hour I have gio and a nonstop panting Louie, so I go all the way home during rush hour traffic and then start dinner, when the technician calls that they are right outside the apartment, WHAT? So they are willing to wait, thankfully the landlord is near and heads over there first. I speedfeed Gio through Dinner, he had to eat and we take off to Apartment again. As I pull up I see the repairman leaving, I call him to come back, but they told me that the landlord was there. We finally get up there and the unit is up and running and slowly cooling the place down. Was it the battery, the loss of power from when the previous ownder disconnected it to when we connected it, who knows, what it was, I have to meet the technician again today because it was lacking antifreeze or somewhat, so I will def get the details. Landlord forwarded me a manual for the unit, so I probably will be studying that this wknd. Thankfully this happened while we were not in unit. We are moving tomorrow and there is nothing packed! agghhh! ok taking a breather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment