Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Traditions





Well right after xmas we hung out and rested together. We tried to organize let's just say that did not happen. I got crafty, Gio and I made santa and snowman friends out of toilet paper rolls and construction paper. He was very proud of himself and displayed them on his highchair. We made sure to show them, he would point them out to whomever came over to visit. I made picture puzzles for my little loved kids Iliana, Ava, Pablo and Sam. Gio helped me pick out pictures and sand the blocks down. I forgot to take pics so I might have to ask the mommies to take pics for me...=p We made handprint wreaths for the grandparents from Gio. He is enjoying more craft activities and loves his handprints especially since Mommy keeps drawing them out. Iliana joined us for two days while Lucy worked and we had a blast. We made salt dough handprints, the kids loved it, we made pita pizzas and a purple tutu for Iliana. Iliana brought Rio for us to watch together.


Can I just say that my little baby boy loves Iliana, he says her name very well now and follows her everywhere, he smiles when he sees her and is just in complete adoration of her. Iliana is so patient with him and helps if needed to.


They are both loving towards each other, it's great to see that relationship blossom, I am sure gio loved being the little brother, lets hope he will enjoy being big brother one day soon (hopefully). The second day Iliana joined us, I had to run to get my eyes checked and Luan took the kids to the playground during my appointment. They were having a blast when I arrived, I asked Luan how it was with two...he laughed but said manageable..good progress.
Luan, Gio and I gifted Tita, BaNoi and Auntie Christine a day at the spa and lunch. It was very relaxing and good experience. We had lunch at Tofu Village, then headed home to relax, eventually everyone ended up taking a nap. lol...maybe too relaxingI had every intention to be a baking queen, but I did nothing, just enjoyed my time with family. I also made Initial Letters for the grandparents and myself with holly berry individually cut and glued on the letter, a pinterest project.
I love that site. They came out very nice and that was our present to them. Our N looks so good I cannot wait to put it up..did u read that right..sure did..I have not placed anything on our wall yet, eventhough I have 20 frames ready to go up on the walls...yea I will get on it! I also made frames for Lindsay and Jeremy on canvas. They came out cute, but I need to work on my technique. I am going to be a mod podge queen eventually this year! Pinterest is too damn addictive but has made me get back into crafts, I used to crochet, knit, sew and create so many things when I was younger, I have forgotten how to do all that, but slowly I am coming back!
Well I have had several friends when I was pregnant tell me to collect xmas ornaments for Gio each year, so that when he grows up he can take them for his own tree. It was such a cute idea..Im not sure I will be giving him those ornaments, but I started the tradition. I am missing one from our wedding, but I am on the lookout. I found one for our pregnancy, gio's first xmas, family year and this year. So cute, I hope to grow this tradition yearly and find a 2008 wedding ornament..I am going to scout ebay for that. My best memories are from Xmas and really spending time with my family and even though my little one is almost two I want traditions for our family that Gio can one day carry on to his family. Gio in our lives has awakened those childhood memories in all of us and has really changed our family dynamic. Everyones' kid spirit has returned and it is great to spend this time together creating lasting family memories to treasure forever.

2009 Pregnant x-mas


Paris Ornament from honeymoon 2008


Venice Ornament from honeymoon 2008


Nguyen Family 2011


Gio;s first ornament 2010


Gio and santa 2011

gio and santa 2010

Nguyen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment