Monday, March 11, 2013

Alexander's Superhero Baby Shower

Well we have been busy preparing for little man's baby shower. Gio and I are finally kicking whatever bug we had and getting out into the open air. Last week during Gio's nap time I crafted! I made superhero pops as centerpieces, diaper wreath and cupcake toppers. Hubby also helped out and created an awesome banner because my creative idea was not as authentic enough to the superhero theme. Friday, Gio's godfather Jeremy and Auntie Lindsay came into town to party! We had a delicious lunch then split up to run errands. A great afternoon of just hanging out with friends can be so refreshing, wish we could see them more often! Thanks guys for an awesome Friday!
Saturday we woke up and got ready because we had a family/maternity pictures with our friend Lisa, can't get enough of her great work. It was a beautiful day and we headed out to a nearby park. Gio was good for the most part but mostly distracted by a nearby playground. We ended up the session at playground so he can get some sliding time. Denise, Samantha and Alice arrived into town as we were headed home and it was perfect timing. Gio had his favorite cousin to play with. I enlisted Denise and Alice for last minute prep before the shower, thank u ladies! Hubby offered to take the kids to the park while we went to party, thanks love!
We arrived at La Madeleine just in time to set up, thanks to everyone who helped set up. I was starving and headed to order food. Friends and family trickled in, so nice to see everyone! Everything kind of sped on by: games by Eileen, socializing, opening presents and then goodbyes! Games included a questionnaire that guests had to match my answers, wacky celebrity names, superhero crossword puzzle and superhero word search. We had yummy desserts as well: cake balls by Dawn, cupcakes that Eileen ordered and then cookies that I forgot to pass out whoops. We had alot of leftover desserts. I am so thankful to everyone who showered my little Alexander with wonderful gifts and love. Thanks to my Mom, Danette and Eileen who hosted my shower, y'all did an amazing job! Also great thanks to my superhero Hubby who took the kids to the park, lunch and put them down for nap time together. What an amazing day, so much fun for everyone!
We are greatly blessed and can't wait to share the big news of Alexander's arrival next month.























No comments:

Post a Comment