Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mommy's Bag of TLC

Well just when I thought we were in the clear, Mr Fever came right back and kicked me in the butt. Wedneday Gio woke up fine, little clingy but just ok. He started coughing, I cleaned up while he lounged...fyi my kid doesn't lounge. He complained of his belly and legs hurting again..hmm. this is weird. Right about lunch time yep hello low grade fever and he got very lethargic. That's just not my son. I called my pediatrician, they said low grade fever normal but the leg pain could possibly be toxic synovitis, that occours during infection, administer some ibuprofen and if needed be come in for a follow-up. I asked about the almost going on two weeks of ibuprofen, she assured me it was ok and so I administered some, little man perked up. I also called a fellow physician friend, for second opinion, he assured me the low grade fever was ok, leg pain could be what doctor claimed. Leg pain worried me, but I just had to keep monitoring Gio the next couple of days. Thursday, cough got worse, around lunch time again fever this time to 102.3. Gio followed me around the house, I organized Alexander's things on the bed while Gio watched and played with some little rattles that came with blankets. He later claimed his new buddy an elephant rattle as his...sorry Alexander, but he promised he would share. I decided it was time for a nap, no complaints, within 5 min, a sleeping gio. I got up to finish cleaning, checked in on him, he was covered in sweat and running a fever still. Hubby came home early so that I could run some errands and I administered Ibuprofen again. When I got home Gio was up and running around, he had eaten and daddy had given him a lukewarm bath. Gio was in great spirits but I was still not convinced. I put on toystory and chilled on the couch with my little man. I again not a big person in meds but will use when required, now losing faith in this damn antibiotic and refusing to keep my kid on ibuprofren for the next week, looked elsewhere. I have spoken about weird superstitions before and here I go again. After following doctors orders and seeing my kid lethargic for the last two days, I made a followup appointment for Friday morning and before putting Gio down to sleep, I did the egg cleanse...what did u say? I did the egg cleanse on Gio for mal de Ojo. I know, i know, do I believe it, I'm not sure but what did it hurt? Friday morning, I woke up Gio and took him to doctor. He cleared everything, except for some wheezing and fluid in his lungs, doctor said lets do a nebulizer treatment and see if it clears up otherwise could be broncho pneumonia. Sure thing, they finished the treatment in the office, while Gio and I read some Dr. Seuss books. Doctor listened again, and determined it cleared up so just need some bronchodilation aid. She perscribed three days of nebulizer treatment and to followup, wanted to make sure that junk doesnt stay in the lungs and make things worse. Gio and I met up my mom for breakfast, he was in great spirits and kept asking for his Tita. I told him we could go hang out at Tita's but not go outside, he said that was fine. Doctor told me to make sure Gio rested and to not get him too worked up and heated while he recovered. Gio and Tita watched a movie and played with his toys. He was so excited to be over there, I felt bad we havent visited but both grandparents had been sick too and now everyone is on the road to recovery. I left at naptime with Gio and sure enough he slept the whole way home and an extra hour with me. He was doing good. At bedtime, I performed another egg cleanse, this morning looked completely different from the previous night. I'm not sure of the mechanics, whether its the antibiotics kicking in, the nebulizer or maybe the egg or my faith kicked in overgear, but he is feeling better and in great spirits. Hey whatever works in Mommy's Bag of TLC. Gio is currently with Daddy who reports all good, little man in back, just making sure he gets liquids, good and lots of rest. His other grandparents came to visit him today and took them to lunch. His excitement over both grandparents is overwhelming, the smile that covers his whole face is beautiful, amazed at the love seen on a three year old face. I'm happy my little one is surrounded by so much love and hope that we are out of the junky crap now. Another great set of news is the arrival of two babies into our lives. Baby Mateo Gael Acevedo was born Wednesday, March 20th and is Mr. Cutie Pie. I have been able to see him twice now and he is just mr. handsome cutie pie. Also Baby Mathews made her grand entrance yesterday evening and she is just gorgeous, can't wait to meet her! OMG Congrats to the Acevedo and Mathews Families. We are four weeks away from our due date, lets see if we last that long. Can't wait to meet baby Emily Salinas once Gio is in the clear so we can visit and for Mr. Alexander to join the 2013 babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment