So this week has been off and on, why well let me tell you. After a wonderful shower wknd, Monday we woke up and Gio was warm but not actually feverish just warm all over. He refused to eat and wanted to be in my lap all day long. I went with it and made sure he stayed hydrated. Kept it cool all day and let him enjoy a long bath time with his dinosaurs. We read some bedtime stories and as I kissed him goodnight I felt him warm again but now it was 100 degrees, low grade fever. I was all out of meds so I ran to the store, for some ibuprofen and came home. Thankfully Gio slept through the night. Tuesday we woke up all good, mister energizer was back and ready to play. Appetite was back no more complains of stomach pain and no warmness. We played around the house and then headed to my moms for outdoor fun. Wednesday we took him to the Rodeo. We went around nap time because of course we were running late and didn't get out the house in time. Gio wanted to be in the stroller and loved seeing all the attractions. He rode the pony, went on a kids farm activity trail and took pics with Elsie the cow. omg gio was so cute on the pony, he wasn't scared and enjoyed it, not like his fearful mommy at his age, great job kiddo! We spent about three hours there and then headed home, thankfully Gio fell asleep and napped. When I got him out of the car he was warm. We rested up took warm baths and the laid down to sleep, because even I was exhausted from a fun day at the Houston Rodeo. Checked Gios temp and 102, well that was it, ibuprofen do your job. Thankfully we had a restful sleep/ Thursday woke up great, Lucy and Iliana came over and we ate brunch at Cracker Barrel. Lucy is so close to the home stretch and baby Mateo should be here soon! Gio and I knocked out after brunch and woke up late because we had soccer!!! Whoops Gio felt fine so we headed out. Soccer was fun and we picked up dinner on the way home. As I got him ready for sleep, he felt warm again, wth? Is going on? This is a week of off and on low grade fever, what is his body trying to fight off probably something viral. Friday after a restless night from lack of sleep, Gio was not feeling good I decided it was enough and pedi here we come. We saw our favorite NP Dee and she checked him out, no yuckiness in chest or ears, probably viral. I did mention he complained of some stomach pain on mon and we'd she said hmm that could be strep but not common in his age, I said well we have come in contact with people who have had it or were getting over it. They did a throat culture and sure enough positive. Can I tell you how I relieved I am. I am not into overmedicating Gio or myself but after a month of nastiness I'm done. When I got my antibiotics I wanted some for Gio, but he didn't warrant any although he was mucous and coughy like me. So to finally get something for Gio who has been suffering right along with me, was such a blessing. Strep in 3 yr olds is not common but we have been in crazy nasty bug for a month, who knows where he got it. He had a fever of 102.2 at the appt and she said as long as he was active and not complaining not to medicate him. So we drove home picked up his meds and took a nap. I ate lunch while Gio slept bc I have been so concerned for him mommy was not taking care of me and Alexander was kicking me to remind me, sorry kiddos when Gio woke up I got him to eat and he chilled on the couch watching all his favorite shows. He was still warm but alert then he started slumping over and coughing, just pitiful, nope time for ibuprofen. Not even 45 min later kid was up and playing with his cars and running a menace. He was in pain and didn't tell me. Ugh I am all about waiting it out but this was enough, I just want my kid back and I want all nastiness out of house. Daddy arrived and Gio played with him, while I ran to the store for groceries * had made baked potatoes and chicken soup. He was eating and playing and that's what was important. We had a great nights sleep and happy to hear Gio is doing great today with daddy while mommy is at work. Oh please lord bless us with health and clean all this nastiness out of our home! I know kids get sick but we aren't even in school yet, maybe we are just building a healthy immune syst, here is to hoping and praying. Good health vibes come our way!








No comments:
Post a Comment