Saturday, March 2, 2013

Toddler school setup

I decided to get out my sick funk and get to business. Gio is in front of me giving me 100% of him and I was consumed with my sickness to value it! I got inspired to finally get things in motion due to Wednesday art time. Gio was drawing and asked me about his name. I kept writing it over and over and asked him to copy me. He finally did it and I made such a big deal, he was so proud. We also made a tissue art Giraffe that felt like I was pulling teeth out of this kid to complete. I knew it was time to get thigns in motion. Thursday morning we ate a late breakfast and started on some projects. I really want a preschool calemdar that I found on Amazon, but then decided the $40 to buy it could be used to make something similar cheaper. So of course I turned to my trusty pinterest and found some great ideas made out of felt. FYI I have been wanting and attempting to do this since July!. Yikes! Well as much as I love the preschool calendar that includes: Day of the Week, Weather, Time, Feelings, Month, and the list can go on.... It can be very daunting for a three year old. So in my search I found similar smaller activities and made something with Gio's help. Thursday we started Gio's Board on our refridgerator. I asked him to help mommy cleanup all the letter magnets that covered the whole door and then we got to business. My three year old is very interested in what today is, what time is it, why this, why that?, what color, can you help me draw this? can you play with me, mommy is it dark outside, or is it sunny..... and lets just say this boy is ready to explore his world. I started simple with a days of the week chart. I outlined some boxes on paper, had him cut it out, I trimmed up the edges, he glued them together and I wrote down the names of the day. Then I found a cute picture of Grover, Hubby had drawn, cut him out and taped him to a magnet. Gio was so excited. We put him on our fridge and went thru the days and explained how we would change grover daily to tell us what day it was. I also explained activities that we would do. It was Thursday so it was soccer day, which got him riled up. I also wrote out the alphabet and his name on separate sheets and had him trace the letters with paint using an earswab. He had to tell me the letters as he finished them. By then he was done with learning and went to play while I finished our last activity. I found a cute and simple weather chart of pinterest of course and whipped one right up. I placed that next to our days of the week, then asked Gio what the weather was like outside. He raced to the patio door and peered out, then announced that it was windy and cold. He placed the magnet on cold and windy pic. Throughout the day he would walk over to his charts and go thru the different pics. He proudly showed them off to Tita who came to visit and Daddy when he got home. Next week I will add feelings and date to our wall. I can proudly add that he wakes up and goes to his chart to change it up, good job Gio! Gio had a great time at soccer as always and was very excited when Daddy showed up! Friday we drove to my moms, picked up Louie and headed to the park. Gio played and then I convinced him to take Louie for a walk, so I can get my fitness in as well. Afterwards we picked up lunch, ate with Tita and then the three of us took a nap. I love naptime! Gio fights it of course, but wakes up so refreshed. Daddy joined us later in the evening for some errands and we ended up going to dinner at Becks. While there I got very dizzy and couldn't eat. I finally felt better but it took a long time. When we got home, Hubby adjusted and massaged my back. I ended the night with a nebulizer treatment of saline. That treatment really helped and I slept so well. Today is my last day of antibiotics and I still feel and hear the congestion in my chest. My OB appointment is this Wednesday and will make them check me out. Thankfully Alexander is moving about keeping me aware of him, after a few days of little activity. 7 weeks to go this Monday, lets go!











No comments:

Post a Comment