Well I soaked Monday night and went straight to bed. I went to bed praying that all would be fine and that Alexander would come on Tuesday. I woke up at 3:30 am with awful cramps and overall discomfort. I kept getting up to use the rr and tried to breathe through the cramps. The cramps continued and then I felt as if my water broke but it didn't. I woke up Luan and told him that I thought this was it and I am finally in labor. The cramps went from 5-7 min apart to 3-5 min apart. At 6 am I could not take it and got ready, we were leaving at 7 am anyways. I let the boys sleep till 640 am and had our bags packed by the door. Thankfully, Luan had brought home togo food the night before and I packed that just in case we needed something for lunch. Poor Gio was not a happy camper, but eventually he got some cars and was Mr. talkative all the way to Tita's. My contractions were now getting overwhelming and breathing was not helping. Gio was excited to be at Tita's and didn't even realize that we were leaving and probably bringing his little brother home. I gave him a big hug and kiss and waddled to the car. My mom brought Gio out to say goodbye as she waved I could see tears in her eyes, Gio was happily waving bye. I couldn't believe our lives were about to change.
I tried to nap on our way to the birthing center in between the contractions but being still was not helpful. I told Luan that Alexander was our last baby because I couldn't believe I was doing this again without drugs, the contractions were rough! We finally arrived (8am) I sent off Luan for coffee and breakfast because I know they would want me to be eating. I was quickly sent to an exam room and checked out. Bernadette was surprised I was having contractions and measured me at 4 cm dilated, now in active labor. She walked me back to the the birthing rooms and let me choose one. I told Bernadette that Alexander would be here by lunch time, she laughed and told me to tell him that! I just kept pacing back and forth and then she sent me off outside with water to do curb walking bc baby was rotating and need to finish. The weather was overcast but with some wind, it was perfect. I walked the parking lot which helped control the pain and just stopped during really hard contractions. I talked to Alexander during my walk, told him that he would arrive by lunchtime and that I couldn't wait to hold him in my arms. I started to get worried because Luan hadn't returned yet. Bernadette checked baby's heartbeat again and made sure I was drinking and eating. Called Luan and he had got turned around and finally made it. He made me eat and I quickly got nauseous. Bernadette walked in on my nausea and quickly spread peppermint oil on my chest and ears and wiped me down with cold compresses. She asked if I wanted an IV to hydrate and I said no. She warned me that if I became nauseous again or refused to eat she would come back and start one. The cold air from a fan started to help and I slowly ate. We went back outside to walk for a bit and then I decided I needed to rest. I sat on a yoga ball and bounced but the contractions started coming every 1-2 min. Luan supported me through the contractions and then reminded me Bernie was coming soon to check up on me. Elizabeth started the water in the tub even though I insisted I wasn't ready bc I wanted to be at least 8 cm before getting in, didn't want the water to slow down my labor like last time. She said she was just going to get it ready just in case. Bernie walked in and tried to check me but I had two back to back long contractions and I now had to urge to use the rr. She said number two I said yes. She said no that's the head. I said no I have to go, she quickly laid me down and checked me I was 8 cm dilated, it was 1030 am. They got me in the tub quickly and told me to start pushing when I felt I needed to. I wasn't quite relaxed as last time, the next thirty minutes were a blur. I felt out of control and exhausted, I wanted Alexander out quickly. Bernadette checked me and said the head was there and she assisted by holding the anterior lip back. I tried to push but kept thinking I was going use the rr and I couldn't get a good balance since I was in the water, my breathing was irregular, just felt so out of it. I was a ball of emotions from crying to hyperventilating to insisting this was it, no more kids, lol Luan had the camera set up because they kept saying the head was there and I didn't believe them, he confirmed it. I kept thinking they were just saying that to encourage me through the process. Luan stayed by my side the whole time and just kept encouraging me and trying to keep me balanced. Bernadette told me to reach down and feel the head, but I couldn't it. I just couldn't believe that we were so close to birthing, I needed to hold on to something and kept my hands on the edge of the tub. Finally clarity hit me, I could breathe, two pushes later and just like that my baby came out (11:03am). He just slid out and I could see him in Bernadette's hands as she took care of him. The pain completely vanished and I thanked God for my baby. Bernadette suctioned him out while I kept saying breathe Alexander, breathe and then for the second time in my life I hear the most beautiful cry from my baby's mouth. Oh thank you God over and over is all I could say as Alexander was placed in my arms and cleaned up. I was in such awe and admiration, I couldn't believe it. I asked if my water ever broke and Bernadette informed me that it broke as he came out and that the cord was not around his neck. I just cried and finally got my breath back, Alexander was finally here and in my arms. Water birth was amazing, so thankful to have experienced it my second time around. Alexander cried and moved about while I held on to him. I was alarmed to see he had skin marks on his wrists that looked like he was bleeding but I was quickly told they were suction blisters from his sucking inside the womb and they would heal quickly. His left wrist was worst then his right, Bernadette said little guy must have been hungry. I felt awful this last month I could not eat as well as I had earlier in the pregnancy. They slowly drained the tub and my placenta finally came out. They wrapped it up and covered Alexander in new warm towels and he was handed to Luan. Bernadette and Elizabeth cleaned me off and transferred me to the bed to check for any bleeding or tears. I was sore of course but thankfully no tears, woohoo! Alexander was back in my arms and quickly latched on with no hesitation. He ate and ate steady for an hour. He was so alert and looking up at me the whole time, yep in love with the third man in my life. Luan called my mom and his parents with Alexander's arrival. We sat and enjoyed some quiet time and then they I was asked to start eating and drinking fluids, needed my energy levels to come back up. Time just lapsed by, Luan and I just sat there and cuddled our little man. Elizabeth had prepared a herbal sitz bath for me and I returned to the tub to soak. They finally decided to cut the cord and Luan finally got his chance. Bernadette returned and did the baby exam. Alexander was not happy to be out of arms and we heard wonderful strong lungs, lol! Mom and Gio finally arrived, woohoo. Gio had just woken up from a nap and was not interested in his little brother just yet. He was in my mom's arms and kept looking at Alexander and then back at me. He asked why I was in the tub and if I was ok, I assured him all was fine and that his little brother was excited to meet him. He finally relaxed and said hi to Alexander, then was more interested in the yoga ball in the room. I was cleaned off again and dressed, then back to bed I went. Luan heated up lunch and we all ate on the bed as Alexander was cuddled by my mom, luan or me. Gio snuggled up next to me and we let him watch Cars on the Ipad while we hung out. I finally had my energy back and was ready to go home. Bernadette checked me out again, gave us home care instructions, made sure Alexander was buckled in correctly and off we went (3:45 PM) I was so sad not be able to sit in the back with him, like I had done with Giovanni. My mom took Giovanni back with her so he could enjoy some playtime while we rested. I wanted Gio to come with us, but I knew I did not have the energy to play with him once we got home. Alexander did great, of course, on his first car ride. I quickly took him out of his carseat, nursed him, and then we all went to bed for a long nap. Well Alexander napped, Daddy and I couldn't keep our eyes off of him. We just stared and admired our new little prince and somewhere in all that loving we dozed off. OngBaNoi came over to visit our little man and fell in love with him as well. While they were here, Gio and my mom finally arrived and it was a party. I ate dinner while I had the chance and watched my growing family interact. My mom spent the night and helped introduce Gio to his bed. Gio was so happy to have Tita over for the night, he just dismissed us as we said good night! We finally got in bed ourselves, but as Alexander slept we talked and stared at our little one again. I can't get over the miracle of birth and life! Luan and I are still shocked to have Gio in our lives, us parents, we made him? I know 3.5 years later, we are still surprised and now baby number 2. Blessed doesn't even cover it, but we are more than anything Thankful! Alexander my little prince, you are so loved and cherished! Mommy and Daddy's family and friends sent out lots of love, positive energy and encouragement throughout the whole process. Your labor from start to finish was about 7 hours, I think you were as excited as I was to be in my arms. I can't keep my eyes off of you and treasure each moment I have you in my arms. I loved you from the moment I surprisingly found out I was pregnant to every kick I felt, to every heartbeat I heard, I love you so much! I am so proud to be your mommy and thank God for the blessing of having you in our lives. Daddy and I will work hard to provide a loving and supportive home to Giovanni and you, our beloved! Alexander The Nguyen born at 11:03 AM, April 16th, 2013. Weight: 7 lbs, 7 oz. Length: 20 7/8", Head: 13 3/4', Chest: 13 7/8"...Perfect!












yay! Congrats Again! Glad To See All Went well
ReplyDelete-mely