Sunday, April 14, 2013
False Alarm
I do not want to be the girl who cried wolf, so I hope Alexander gives me clear warning of his arrival. LOL. I have been having severe menstrual cramps since Friday Morning till Saturday night. I also had lots of stomach chruning and hip stretching aches which reminded me of Gio's labor that somehow I have forgotten. Ignorance is bliss, or maybe I have blocked it out, for good measure. Regardless, I called my midwife to just give her a heads up, she said until pains got closer together to give her another call. Well after work yesterday, the boys were at the grandparents because our carpet had finally been cleaned and it was still wet. So I took it upon myself to run some last minute errands and to get a manipedi. Hot Neon Pink Toes later, I drove home and waited for Luan to pick me up for dinner with the family. We went to B10 to enjoy another taste of Steak and Eggs, yummy! I didn't quite finish my meal because I started having really bad cramps again. Was it gas or labor pains? Gio was excited to see me and he was a filthy mess. Daddy reported they had quite the active day. They spent two hours at the park prior to carpet cleaning, then after naptime spent the rest of the afternoon playing football, basketball and riding bikes in the neighborhood. I was so happy to hear of their active day. Gio was still energized from the day, but I knew he would crash soon. We finally headed home after a yummy dinner and my pains got worse, every bump was rough. The carpet was still wet earlier when I had entered the house and I told hubby we should go to my moms and let it dry overnight, because I did not want to be walking around at night on wet carpet, you know because of my bathroom breaks. When we arrived home, I waddled upstairs to pack things and realized the only place wet was the dining area, which was the last place they cleaned, I told hubby nix going to moms, lets stay home. Thank God, I was exhausted. Hubby, thankfully, got gio ready for bed and off to snooze land we went, and so did Alexander because the cramps finally subsided. I woke up well rested and relaxed. I do not know how to describe it, but while showering or using the RR, I feel little stretches and opening of my lower region. I do not remember that with Gio. What I do remember is having awful hip soreness/pain and I could not sleep because my stomach ached so much from all the churning, which I now know is Labor Contractions. LOL! On my way to work today, I started having the menstrual cramps and keep having them off and on through the morning. I am headed to my moms for lunch to rest for a bit then finish off my day at work, so I can go and lay down. Overall, I still have extreme fatigue today, so here is hoping to another good night's rest. Little Alexander is now in the center of my stomach instead of his usual right side, where he has been all pregnancy long. I can feel you making room kiddo, just give me clear warning, I do not want to have you in the back of the car or at work, ok... love you! (he just kicked me as I typed it, maybe he agrees!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment