Saturday, April 13, 2013

Taking Care of Mommy

I used to be a shoppaholic! I would spend my weekends and any free time at the mall, marshalls and ross, just browsing, sometimes purchasing but mostly browsing. It got really bad when we moved to Dallas and explored the city endlessly through the stores, lol. Well once Baby No 1 came into the picture, things got real, budgets tightened and priorities changed. My shopping days were not over but they were no longer a priority and oh we still window shopped because my husband loves to go to the mall, but if I was looking for a deal, it was for Gio. My clothes, gym habits and interests were put aside and Gio was my main focus and all the cute things for him! Little by little I would look and make a couple of splurges for myself but my clothes and accessories are not to par as they used to be. So this time around, I made sure to get cute preggo clothing (all on clearance) that would go through maternity and postpartum. I have some nice flowly tops that are going to be great for breastfeeding. I also made sure to buy essentials: nursing bras, sleeping bras, nursing tanks, new cotton undies (they are your friends in the first couple of weeks of recovery, robes and pjs. I also bought two comfy dresses to wear on the go. Seriously, the first month goes by so fast and I wanted to make sure I was not running around trying to buy essentials like I did after Gio was born. My friend suggested I not invest in nursing bras and just wear sport bras. Which is fine most of the time, but you lose alot of support and hard to pump. This time I bought some nice nursing brasfrom JcPenny, used a coupon, that fit nicely and will not constrict. I am plus-size so the ones from Target and Walmart are not Tanya friendly. It has been three years since I have had Gio and I still wear those bras, undies, pjs and etc. So yea probably not what you wanted to read kids, but it is time mommy got some new things! I think when you get pregnany you focus on all the things baby needs, that we forget mommy's body will be changing and needing new things to help. I thankfully did not gain alot of weight this time around and hope to continue to lose weight after delivery. I want to be able to walk with the boys as much as possible and stay active. I have confined myself these last months and weeks to very little activity from just straight up laziness or exhaustion. I need activity in my life for myself and so that I can be a better momma! Getting back on track is important and I will be more proactive to taking care of me! I need to make a concious effort to put on some makeup, brush my hair and get dressed for the day. Sounds pathetic doesn't it, but I am going to be good this time around. I am writing this so I can read it on my weak days and keep myself motivated. Mommy Get To It! I have a pedicure and some last minute things on my list before Baby! =p

No comments:

Post a Comment