Monday, February 13, 2012

39/366

I only attend school twice a week and work on the wknds now, so I have three full days with Gio! My goal is to have an interactive day for Gio of learning as much as we can. I am a Pinterest addict and have found great tips on toddler school. I created a tot time lapbook for Gio to work on his ABC, Coloring and Tracing. (click on the link for directions on how to create your own) The mom from 1+1+1=1 blog is awesome and has shared alot of her work for moms like me to learn from. I also asked Denise for tips on an activity board that I am trying to create in our living room. I am slowly collecting things to prepare a learning corner of our own in-house. I never thought I would do this, but hey things change and it is so enjoyable to see Gio really want to learn and concentrate on his work. I put his lapbook out with the supplies, showed him what I wanted him to do, and off he went. While he colors more like scribbles everywhere, we go through the letter and words.
I also took advantage of our time together and took him to gymboree. We met a new teacher, Miss Katie, she is amazing! She is so interactive and present with the kids the entire time. We are definitely sticking to her schedule as long as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment