Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Check-up Tuesday

Morning started off ok, Gio and I headed off to Tita's early because I had a check-up at 9am. Gio is usually mr talkative, singing, pointing out every bus or heavy machinery nearby. He was very quiet and I just put it off to he was still sleepy. We arrived at my moms late due to traffic and he refused to walk and was very clingy. He went into my mom's arms and I hurried out. I waited an hour plus to be seen, there was a mom in the other room, who thought she was in labor, but false alarm...so we all got pushed around. Hey, no complains here, I want that attention when it is my turn. Alexander was busy as usual my little bumblebee at work in my belly. He is measuring at 33 weeks and heartbeat good as ever! FYI-I am only 31 weeks. Ultrasound scan came back all WNL. I called my mom during my wait and she said Gio didn't want to eat, but she got him to eat some toast and a hard boiled egg. umm mom that is breakfast..lol. I finally headed home, I had previously planned to run some errands...but something just told me to get home. I walk in Gio is in my mom's arms cuddling. Is that a normal, definitely yes! But he didn't look his normal happy toddler energetic self...then mom said he was running a fever and refuses to snack or play. We have had fever but with a long month of cough and runny nose, I was over it. I have been vigilant about listening to his breathing and making sure his ears are ok, but with fever of 101.9, I was going to the doctor. I probably knew it was viral, but I wanted everything checked out, because this is a month in. We were getting better, but it finally hit hubby last week hard and I think Gio and I got it again. The pediatrician squeezed me in, all clear..probably viral. I explained his symptoms month long, she thought maybe allergies but allergies don't include fever..so more than likely cold. No antibiotics...just monitor that fever. I passed by Chick-fil-a for some chicken soup, lemonade and ice cream. I offered it all to gio, I just wanted him to eat something...he refused it all..got him to take a couple of bites of his ice cream...then he gave it back. Yep kid was not up to anything. My mom and I ate quickly while Gio rested at her house, then we hopped back into the car to head home. Gio finally fell asleep and I carried him up to his bed. He slept on and off for two hours, he would wake up crying as if in pain and he was extremely warm. I held him tight and rocked him till he slept again. We finally woke up and I coaxed him to drink his lemonade and drink his soup with his favorite Netflix shows. He was talkative and ate all his soup, finally kid was eating and drinking again. Temp now 99.0, I think he broke his fever during his nap. I started looking up all natural remedies and remembered my lavender mixture for cleaning the house. Hubby came home with Durian smoothies for Gio and himself. I cannot stand the smell of Durian, but it is a natural fever reducer, saw it on Dr. OZ, told hubby and it has been downhill since then, because it is his favorite! Coaxed Gio to drink some. I ran to the store to get some supplies:Juice, onions, kleenex (we have been going thru boxes like crazy this whole month) and some supplements. I came home to a playful and normal temp Gio. I made my concoction of water with 20 drops of lavender and rosemary each. This solution is good for cleaning and spraying the house down when people are sick. I used to use this to clean last year, but then went back to my old products due to laziness. Yep getting back on the green cleaning bandwagon as much as I can. I cut up some onions and placed them in a bowl under our bed, since we co-sleep. Now listen, I do use medicine when needed, especially with fever and would have given ibuprofen this evening if needed, but his fever is down and not going to give it unnecessarily. I do believe that fever is our body's natural way to fight disease, but when my kid is lethargic and not eating I will supplement when needed. I finally found my bottle of doTerra Breathe essential oil and rubbed some on everyone's chest and back. After spraying the house down and wiping counters, I now have a headache...maybe too many essential oils, lol. I was going to clean each toy in his room, but I sprayed everything and letting it air dry. Tomorrow I will go back and wipe everything down and run washable toys through the dishwasher. Some of gio's furry friends are currently being laundered and ready for him to play with tomorrow. Oh what a day...and i thought I was done cleaning. hmmm...kids will keep you on your toes! Once again, I am exhausted, nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment