Friday, February 1, 2013

Transition

So lately I am in cycles of change. When people ask what I do, I really don't have an answer. I know for a fact that I am a wife to a loving husband, a mom to a wonderful son and one cooking in the oven and a daughter to a mom who bends over backwards for my family unit. Other than that, it's a toss up. I went to school for chiropractic, which is a great passion. But when pregnancy hit, guess what I turned into mama mode and everything else came behind my family. I knew I needed insurance, financial stability and time with my family...how I got there is another question. The thought of SAHM was never a longing for me until I met Giovanni. Chiropractic and my priorities didn't match, I couldn't see myself running a clinic full time which entails more than an 8 hr workday that goes into your weekend as well. Now listen I want to make money and I work hard but running a full time clinic plus travel just didn't go with my current priorities and unfortunately I haven't been able to find a good mix for me. So I stuck to teaching part- time which has given me a great balance. Plus remember I can't just think of me, my mom helps put ALOT and her schedule had to be factored in as well. So teaching it was until my friend Melissa mentioned a neuro monitoring program that would open some other doors. I jumped at the opportunity and sacrificed a year of my family obligations to put in FT and more during the week for the program and work during the weekends. I have missed all of gios soccer, swim classes and countless weekend activities plus holidays. Most of the time I got home and he was asleep, but when I did see him, it was Gio time. 2012 was hard I was exhausted and wanted more than anything to be with my boys. I greatly appreciate all the sacrifices they made as well to get me to complete my program, thank you boys! So when December 2012 came around and I was done, I have vegged out with my boys and its been great. I now have the task to study for my exam that will finally open those doors to a better financial stability. Knowing that I am still to blame for enjoying too much free time and not studying enough. This past week I have focused and getting on the bandwagon. I am currently free during the week and still work weekends teaching. With impending maternity leave around the corner I am not a favorable candidate for hire. It's definitely against the law not to hire on basis of pregnancy but hey , it happens. So whatever comes of interview process, comes and I will be fine. My perfect world would include hire now, go through with maternity leave and then go right into a job, but so far that hasn't happened. I think the not being certified yet isn't helping but I'm working on it. I have had some great leads but maybe mentioning pregnancy might be an issue, hey how can I not mention it. I'm not confident in my studying but I will take it again after maternity leave if I have to, hopefully NOT!!! Seriously pregnancy has taken over my life. Lol in a good way. I enjoy teaching and will keep going but opening more doors will be great. It's great work, time consuming, but I feel assured that I will have a great family balance.
Motherhood has opened up other passions that I am going to explore. I reopened my love of crafts thanks to Pinterest and creativity is flowing. I have opened an ETSY account but have yet decided what I want to focus on, that will come later. So back to the beginning I am in a phase of transition and taking it slowly. I am a ball of anxiety because everything is up in the air but focusing on my boys keeps me grounded. I don't always feel like the best mom, not doing enough or not being present enough or getting mad quickly but I found great inspiration and moving forward. What will 2013-14 bring? I'm not sure, what I do know is that Giovanni is an active three year old that I will help guide into discovery and love. Alexander will be joining our family and I can't wait to kiss, hold him and introduce him to this loving family. My husband is an awesome doctor and I will continue to be his number one cheerleader. I am going to focus on helping my mother and spending quality time. So lets go year of transition.

2 comments:

  1. aw, what a meaningful post :) I am like you and though money is tight and goals are set, family is priority. I too would be in your shoes in fact we were both talking about getting pregnant while we were in school/training. But alas, destiny has other plans for me. You go girl with your bad ass self. LOL. you are a great mom, and you are very driven. I know you will find great opportunities soon, but i agree your focus has shifted these past few months. congrats on the etsy thingy. hopefully i can be one of your 1st customers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mely! I am working on inspiration!

    ReplyDelete