Monday, February 18, 2013

Projects

Crafting fun! I love crafts, especially hand projects. I have been out of the loop lately due to my program and studying for that awful exam I just took, God I hoped I passed, because it was horrible! Anywhoo back to one of my favorite past-times crafts. This is just a review of some that I have recently completed. I linked up to some of the tutorials that I used. Well I have tons of friends pregnant all at the same time. Trying to concentrate on studying while I had three showers and family events mixed in, such bad timing. I did the best I could. I found so much inspiration on Pinterest. I opened up an Etsy shop but trying to focus on what I want to sell...not sure...maybe baby shower items... we will see! Cupcake onsies! 4 onsies and 4 cute little socks included for the mommy to be!



Gio's Birthday Tee! I found a similar tee on Etsy, the shirt was $30. I made this shirt for $10. I found the shirt on clearance at kohls for $5 and then bought fabric pieces and some extra Heatnbond, that I had run out of with coupons. I love making tops like this. The problem I am having is that when I wash the tops later, the fabric rolls up. The directions do suggest to wash fabric prior to bonding, but I am always doing things last minute, so next time definitely doing that and seeing if that makes a difference. I also used this same technique for turkey tops, I found on etsy. I love Etsy for inspiration. I would love to buy everything on there, but its alot cheaper to do it at home. I made these tops for little loved ones in our lives. I used their first name initial and added eyes, beak and the little wattle. OMG they were so cute! Loved it! I am going to make holiday tops probably forever, my hubby doesn't mind, I hope the boys will be as cooperative.



Motorcycle diaper cake I have made this before for cousin Susan, but this one is for special baby Mateo. I even included a Texas License plate with due date. I had so much fun making this and I kind of didn't want to give it up, loved it so much, lol!



2013 Hand Calendar by Giovanni! Gio is awesome, he loves painting and I love hand print art. I used this to my advantage and when thinking of family xmas presents, I found this great idea on Pinterest. Thankfully I found a tutorial that included calendar and poems, thank you so much! We made three original calendars, including 39 pages. There were prints everywhere, Gio thankfully cooperated. Towards the end he just wanted to paint freely without instructions from Mommy! We completed the majority of the work in one day and then on the second went back and added detail. I loved the completed project. I only added birthdays to our copy and that is it. I will laminate it at the end of the year and treasure it forever!



Fall Wreaths I found all the wreaths at the dollar store and bought a box of glitter pumpkins at Ross. I hotglued the pumpkins on and love my fall wreath. I made one for my mom and I. I also made a snowman christmas wreath but I forgot to take a pic, can you believe it. Will do this year.



ABC I LOVE U I found a similar print on etsy or pinterest, not sure, loved the print, the pdf file was $25. Yea so one day at work, I whipped this up, so easy. I am going to print out two for the boys room to frame and place over their bed.


Subway Baby Detail Art On Etsy of course, there are so many variations of this, love all, don't care for the price tag. I found baby diy gift ideas and this print was included. Once again during computer time, I whipped this up. Love it. I wish I had more access to different clipart.
Handprint Canvas I was inspired by this ModPodge Rocks. I changed it up and put all the hands on one canvas so that it takes up less space. I have lots of years to put on the wall. I need to add Year 3, ASAP! Hubby wonders how long I can keep this up, or if Gio will cooperate. I hope so. Gio was not happy in his first year to let me work with his hands, otherwise I would have gotten some more in. I am def going to get as many as I can from Baby Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment