Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sound the Alarm, Giovanni is Three!



Right after his second birthday I knew we were going to do a fire truck theme for his third birthday and the Fire Museum of Houston would be our spot. I randomly took Gio there one day and he loved it. I of course plan ahead, reserved the place in July, collected ideas on Pinterest and scoured the Internet for deals. Early December, I ordered his invites, plates and party favors. Christmas season was in full swing and I had to get in before the big rush, because I did not want to risk delays come January. I had hiccups along the way with shipping regarding some items but two weeks prior to the big party, Everything finally arrived. Gio discovered his party favors and said I love it, thank you! I think I might have been more excited than he was. I enlisted Daddy's artistic help for drawing out a fire truck that I was using for his birthday top. I found inspiration from an Etsy vendor, which I love but budget in mind, it was more affordable to make things on my own and to be honest...I really love our end product. Daddy loved the top so much he started adding details.
I ordered food and cupcake cake from Krogers, nuggets for kiddos from chick-fil-a and mnm cookies from Heb for thank u bags. On the big day we got up and lounged around the house because I had prepared everything we were taking the night before. I finally got up, ran to Heb to pick up some balloons, while Daddy got Gio ready. Car was packed, boys were going to go with OngBaNoi and I took off to get food. My mom met me at Krogers, picked up food and then we headed to Musuem. For the first time in our lives we were early and I warned all nearby that it might freeze over, so we took pictures.

We could only setup 25 min prior to party and they were wrapping up a party prior to ours. Kids trickled out with their parents saying how much they loved the museum and how it was one of their favorite parties. I was so excited to share this with our family. I noticed a car similar to mine, filled with fire truck balloons park behind us. My mom said oh look they r having a party here too, I said no mom we were scheduled for the last party of the day, there is only one room. I walked inside and told the coordinator can you check the schedule because I think we are double booked. She said no that's never happened. She got the reservation book and checked it guess what, there was another party scheduled and it was not mine. Thankfully I had email notification and receipts to prove my reservation from July. I spoke to the other mother and told her the news, we waited patienty for the coordinator to return. The coordinator finally came out apologizing profusely and told us we would get all our money back, get family membership to musuem and have the room for as long as we wanted but we would have to share. Thankfully we both had a small amount of kids but alot of adults, . There were two three year old boys who loved fire trucks and we were definitely going forward with our parties! Danette arrived early with her family and they pitched in to organize and setup everything in our corner table. Let me tell you, the museum had a lot of rules,limited time and guests but that all went out the window. So thankful we had extra time but we were all crammed. The beautiful table display I wanted to prepare was just not going to happen, so we crammed as much as we could.
Gio arrived and he could care less. He was in play mode and off he went.

Guests trickled in and they loved the room, because no one had ever been there. The kidroom has a firetruck front that the kids can go and drive, a fireman pole, hoses, costumes for 16 kids and a miniature house kids could play in.



Everybody was cordial and no kid breakdowns. It was stressful and my organized plan didn't go as scheduled but everybody had a good time. Danette and hubby made me sit down to eat because I was in ft host mode and finally took a break. I sat back, observed the room and the kids were having a blast especially my birthday boy.
We crowded around to sing Happy Birthday and he loved it. He didn't care to eat any cake because he wanted his nuggets and Cheetos. Lol, three year old priorities. Have I mentioned Gio will most likely take a bite or lick the frosting and he is done, not really cake happy. He definitely didn't get that from me. But I didn't even have cake, I was eating and people were leaving and I stared handing out goody bags and cookie thank you bags. My friends and family all pitched in to help, thanks everyone. We had lots of cake leftover and one sandwich tray, not bad. Two hours later we packed it up and the birthday boy was tired although he wouldn't admit it.
Stressful start for mommy but happy guests and birthday boy, I think we had party success. The kids went home with firefighter hats, a fire hydrant shaped cup, and goody bags filled with jelly beans, popcorn balls, fire truck tattoos and fruit jello.
The parents were given thank you bags with MnM cookies.
Gio's birthday didn't stop there we went home and cousin Sam and Gio took over the toys, played till it was time to go to sleep. Samantha helped Gio open all his presents, he was very appreciative and loves all his new goodies.
Sunday we went to Kemah with our MarquezFamily. The kids rode all the kiddy rides with the daddy's and enjoyed a beautiful day outside.

Monday we all headed to IHOP for a pancake birthday breakfast. The servers gave Gio an icecream sundae while they sang Happy Birthday. He stared at them and then said I don't like it. I think he was shocked. We said thank you and corrected his behavior. We then went to my moms where the kids played in the backyard till it was nap time. Denise and I took the break to go shopping and have mommy time. Dinner was at our family favorite BerryHills, fish tacos. My birthday boy refused a nap so of course he slept through dinner. We all went back to our home and let the kids play before the Marquez family had to get on the road back to San Antonio. Samantha and Gio don't see each other on a regular basis but so very in tune to each other. They play so well and like any kiddos have their disagreements, but I love their relationship, reminds me of my close relationship to her daddy, when we were little.
After a long weekend of birthday celebration, everyone was exhausted. Gio and I got sick for a week but you couldn't tell any difference in his activity level. He tells us he is three and if he sees cake he starts singing Happy birthday, too cute! Giovanni, Daddy and I wish you an awesome year full of learning, adventures and growth. We are so proud of you and love you very much. I can't stop saying this but once again, we are still shocked that we our parents and very blessed you are our baby boy!





***I will add links to all my items in a separate entry***

2 comments:

  1. i love the theme and idea. hope you don't mind if i steal it for a future baby boy. great job on pulling it off! u should do party planning on the side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Ill help you! i really want to do party planning! lol

    ReplyDelete