Monday, February 25, 2013

Eight Months

Mr. Alexander, welcome to eight months kiddo. Baby Center describes you as a large jicama (3.75 lbs) and about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. So I will now be gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to you, perfect. You should gain a third to half or your birth weight during the next seven weeks to fatten up for survival outside the womb. This should also explain why you are not as active as before, you are getting to big to flip around like you have been. Although I cannot tell you how much my ribs hurt from your lovely stretching, im sure the continuous coughing isn't helping either. I opened all the windows today to let the fresh air come in and take the yuckies away. Your big brother and I chilled this morning until I finally got us ready to go out for some fresh air and sunlight! I drove us to nearby Hershey Park, where Gio biked and I walked alongside him. Woah, I was out of breath quickly, I need to get out more! I think I mentioned my stomach is huge, popped out more overnight and there might be some waddling involved. I picked up lunch at Jason's Deli and then attempted to put Gio down for a nap. It was late past our usual naptime, but I know it was important to rest. He fought it, climbed out of bed, cried, whined...more than the usual. An hour later..quiet..I joined a passed out Gio who claimed he was not tired. We woke up 2 hours later, he said hi mommy and then pinched me hard, I had to slap his hand away because he wouldn't stop. Oh yes, Giovanni has a pinching issue and we are trying to curb it, he likes to hug and pinch arm fat. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen to start on dinner. Gio was crying and yelling for me, I had to ignore him, because I did not want to give into his screaming..oh wait let me correct myself...banchee screaming! I had to breathe slowly and stay calm. He finally walked out, breathing hard and crying. I got down to his eye level and told him that I would not respond to ugly crying or yelling ever. I continued preparing dinner while he caught his breath. He said but I love you mommy. I told him I loved him too but I would not accept that sort of behavior. He stayed quiet as I prepared dinner. I finally picked him up and told him that I always love him but it is not nice to scream, yell or pinch, that he was a good boy and no need to be ugly. He apologized and hugged me back. I sat with him for a couple of minutes, then he said he would go play while I cooked. Thank you kiddo. Hubby arrived shortly and Gio attacked him with play requests. I made a squashetti veggie bake, pinterest inspiration, of course. It was delicious although, hubby suggested some meat might be nice next time. I have not been good about putting in veggies in our diet lately, so it was definitely time. I was craving ice cream afterwards and snuck out to Marble Slab for ice cream. Gio refused all ice cream offered when I returned, he was to busy playing with Daddy. Hubby thankfully adjusted me and then I took a nice hot bath. Hubby and Gio played with his cars for another hour and then bedtime. I am so dehydrated after my bath, but so relaxed. My ribs still hurt but I can breathe. Eight weeks to go kiddo, cant wait to meet you!





No comments:

Post a Comment