Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday laziness...Not

My Weekends are now M-F and workdays are Sat-Sun! Not a bad deal. I could probably add on to my weekday schedule, but I am going to take advantage of this time to be with Gio and get our house ready for baby Alexander. All last week, I shuffled Gio to my mom's while I studied and crammed. Valentine's day was the day before my test and all I asked for was pizza and a sweetheart cake from ooh la la dessert boutique. Hubby also surprised me with a gorgeous flower arrangement, thanks love!

Gio also started soccer classes again.

I cancelled his Art classes because, as much as he had fun, I can do the same at home. Therefore Soccer is back on our schedule and swimming will be too once, we are finally over the sniffles. I took my test on Friday, barely slept the night before and felt deflated afterwards. I felt so 50/50 after the test, so who knows...we will find out in 4-6 weeks. I treated myself to a mani/pedi afterwards and then picked up the boys for dinner at BerryHills for fish tacos. I suggested to walking around afterwards, but exhaustion caught up to me and we headed home. I plopped myself on the couch and caught up on my shows. So this weekend after two ten-hour shifts, I was extremely exhausted. Saturday I suggested date nite, so the hubby and I went to our favorite place, Bluefish. I was craving their lobster roll, so yummy. It is all cooked..preggo safe.

I planned out our menu for the week and dragged the boys to HEB for groceries, Sunday night. I came under budget and was so excited!!! Monday morning, I slept in till I could and then gio announced he was hungry. I made eggs in a hole for breakfast and caught up on more shows. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and got to cleaning. I cleaned the whole house, once I was done, it was lunchtime. Gio and I ate leftovers and then it was naptime. I cannot start to explain the exhaustion that overtook me, I instantly fell asleep while Gio tossed and turned. It started raining outside, it was nice and cool, perfect sleeping weather. I think I put in 2.5 hours while gio logged an hour because he fought it. I did not want to wake up. I made us a snack afterwards and then thought to myself hmm whats for dinner...oh wait I have to cook dinner since I am back to normal schedule. I pulled out my menu and made Poverty Dinner.


Hate the name but it is very budget friendly and Delicious. While I was cooking dinner, I also made Blueberry Breakfast Crumble for tomorrow.
I have been looking at budget menu planning and found a mom who shops for her family of 6 for $60 a week. I got some recipes from her site and used others that I have previously pinned. So my goal is to have a meat, pasta, soup and veggie dinner entree and Friday dinner out. For Breakfast options: oatmeal, spinach power smoothie or homemade muffins. Lunch will be leftovers. So far so good, well it is only Monday. Dinner was a 10/10, so delicious and I might have sampled breakfast...so delicious! I had planned on going to Babies R Us to finalize my registry but exhaustion has won me over. I am waddling...agghh! I am definitely going to step up my game with the stretching and walking now that I have the time. I have a check-up tomorrow, dropping off gio with tita, then afterwards going to the park for fun! I have lots of crafts to do in the next two weeks for the shower and Alexander's nursery, I cannot wait! time for bed, bc this momma is tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment